HESG Exeter programme
- Wednesday 10th January – pre-meeting workshop from 10:00 aimed at Early Career Researchers; registration and lunch from 12:00; afternoon sessions; lightning talks; mingle event.
- Thursday 11th January – morning sessions; lunch; afternoon sessions; Business meeting; Conference dinner.
- Friday 12th January – morning sessions; 13:00 meeting close.
As part of the 2024 Winter HESG hosted by the University of Exeter there is an exciting workshop for early career researchers at no cost thanks to generous support from HESG:
Getting your message across quickly and clearly: Data visualisation, lightning talks and elevator pitches
Wednesday 10 January, 10:00–12:00, The Mercure Southgate Hotel, Exeter
Communicating complex ideas is a fundamental skill for researchers at all stages of the research process from applying for funding all the way through to disseminating your findings.
In this workshop you will learn
- what to focus on and how to deliver it when it comes to short-form presentations like ‘elevator pitches’ for research funding and ‘lightning talks’ for sharing your results
- how to effectively visualise data so that you and your audience can quickly and accurately understand it
We will be joined by Dr Farhad Allian (Research Data Engineer) from Sheffield Data Visualisation who will share his top tips on visualising data and giving a gallery tour of different visualisations.
There will also be an interactive section where you can learn more about Effective Tables, Interactive Visualisations, or Graphical Abstracts.
To register at no cost, please visit https://forms.office.com/e/ptEGaBFNPq. Registration will be first-come-first served and places are limited.
Who can register?
The workshop is open to any ECRs already registered to attend the HESG meeting in Exeter.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com