Our research aims to prevent disease, improve therapies and sustain lifelong health. We focus on important clinical questions and solutions that have a direct impact on the health of patients and the public.
We take an inter-disciplinary approach, harnessing the skills of clinicians, laboratory scientists and data scientists in world-leading research.
Professor Anna Murray
Director of Research and Impact
7th nationally for 4* outputs in clinical medicine in REF2021
Impact of our research rated world leading or internationally excellent in REF2021
Inclusive research community with supportive research culture
CBS are leading research into some of the biggest health issues that face us, with groups working in three core disease-focused themes and five cross-cutting disciplines.
The Department has purpose built, well-equipped laboratories on three sites (Streatham, St Lukes and RILD) with facilities including:
- Clinical Research Facility
- Biomedical Research Centre
- State-of-the art MRI and PET-CT imaging
- Genomic sequencing, (including Oxford Nanopore Technologies Promethion and Illumina Novaseq)
- Single cell genomics
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- High performance computing
- Confocal microscopy
- Vectra™ Polaris® fluorescence slide scanning system