Medical Imaging Suite
Medical Imaging moved into a brand-new, purpose built facility at the St Luke’s Campus in September 2015, which has undergone a £10.5 million redevelopment to create new state-of-the-art teaching and research space.
You will have access to a purpose-built X-ray room, laboratory space and demonstration room which will enable practical activities to take place to support the theoretical course content.
This space has new X-ray equipment with:
- digital radiography
- ultrasound scanner
- interactive whiteboards for demonstrating anatomy and projecting images
- shareware computer program for students to practice positioning and outcomes of adjusting positions
- table top X-ray experiments demonstration Computed Tomography
- access to the MRI scanner
- phantoms such as anthropomorphic whole body X-ray phantom and Doppler ultrasound string phantom
- quality assurance tests
- barracuda dosemeter
- bones and anatomical models