Dr. Oriana Ciani
South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Oriana is 2020 Fulbright Research Scholar at Yale School of Medicine and Yale School of Publiuc Health. She is a part-time Research Fellow at the Institue of Health Research and ESMI. She is Associate Professor of Practice at SDA Bocconi (Milan, Italy).
Oriana joined UEMS (previously PCMD) as PhD student in 2011 and she gained her PhD in 2014 from PenTAG. She holds a BSc in Bioengineering (2005) and MSc in Bioengineering/Biomedical signal processing (2008) from Politecnico di Milano. She earned a MSc in Health Economics and Management (2010) from Bocconi University. Her research interests are centred on the methods for comparative effectiveness research and the use of evidence synthesis techniques to inform policy decisions in health care.
- 2014 PhD Health Technology Assessment (UEMS)
- 2010 MSc Health Economics and Management (Bocconi University)
- 2008 MSc Bioengineering/ Biomedical Signal Processing (Politecnico di Milano)
- 2005 BSc Bioengineering (Politecnico di Milano)
Oriana has a broad interest in comparative effectiveness research and meta-epidemiological studies, cost-effectiveness analyses as well as evidence synthesis and policy evaluation to inform decision-making. Oriana's specific research interests deal with the validation of surrogate endpoints to support licensing and coverage decisions of health technologies. She has also an interest in methods for the Health Technology Assessment of Medical Devices.
Oriana has got experience in teaching postgraduate students about systematic reviews, evidence synthesis and methods for health technology assessment. She is coordinator of a module in Public Health for students at the Master in Health Economics, Policy and Management at SDA Bocconi.
- The role of surrogate outcomes in Health Technology Assessment (PhD Thesis)
- Methods for Health Technology Assessment of Medical Devices: A European Perspective - MedtecHTA - FP7 305694
- Mapping Non-Communicable Diseases Research Activities and their impact - FP7 602536
- Pushing the boundaries of Cost and Outcome analysis of Medical Technologies (COMED) - #779306
Information not currently available