RILD Building Level 3
University of Exeter Medical School, RILD Building, RD&E Hospital Wonford, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Lachlan is currently completing a PhD entitled “An integrated systems-level analysis of the molecular changes resulting from beta-amyloid immunization in Alzheimer’s disease” under the supervision of Dr Katie Lunnon. Before arriving at Exeter Lachlan graduated with a BSc Honours degree in Biological Sciences from Bournemouth University and an MSc in Biotechnology from the University of Exeter.
- BSc Biological Sciences (1st Hons) (2017, Bournemouth)
- MSc Biotechnology (Distinction) (2018, Essex)
Lachlan is interested in the epigenetic changes that occur in patients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, including DNA Methylation, DNA Hydroxymethylation and Histone Acetylation. He has also been involved in research projects aiming to categorize the genetic changes in patients suffering from Type II Diabetes and epigenomic studies analyzing the association between smoking and epigenetic ageing.
- A review of the epigenetic of neurodegenerative diseases.
- An integrated systems-level analysis of the molecular changes resulting from beta-amyloid immunization in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Thomas Crooke PhD Studentship in Epigenetics