Digital Learning Lead
07741 237 796
A digital producer and director of 30 years experience, Dave spent his early years working for some of the pioneering interactive media companies in the late 80s, designing laserdisc-based courseware, and early CD ROM product. He joined BBC Worldwide as executive producer in a new multimedia publishing team, and led a team of award-winning producers making pc applications, console games, and the first online and mobile applications.
In 2011, he returned to the world of social care, having worked in community development and mental health after university. At SCIE, the Social Care institute for Excellence, he led their online transformation programme, establishing the charity as a leading provider of digital training and information resources. This included the development of a new suite of eLearning resources to support the social care workforce.
Dave joined the university in 2019 to carry this work forward, and is currently engaged in developing a number of dementia-related training and information projects, and working with a cross-university team on a student mental health and well-being initiative.
Based in London, but often on campus, Dave would welcome any contact, conversation or interest in how digital media and products can help in the life of students and the university.
- Supporting the NightCAP dementia research project
- Supporting the development of eWHELD person-centred care training for care staff
- Leading on a new Dementia Framework Tier 2 training offer for the residential care workforce
- Leading on a 3D Smarter Homes app for people living at home with dementia
- Supporting a new initiative to develop new ways of supporting student mental health and wellbeing