Miss Kath Wilkinson
Associate Research Fellow (GRA)
Kath joined PenCLAHRC in September 2016 to work across Child Health projects. Kath has a background in Psychology and experience of managing and delivering research and evaluation projects across the education, health and social care sectors, with a focus on service improvement and research-informed practice. Prior to this post Kath worked with the Sociology department at Exeter University on a project seeking to embed evidence-based practice in policing.
Kath is currently working on three projects:
- The Paediatric Acute Care Project, which aims to evaluate system-level interventions to improve paediatric care and reduce admissions across the south-west.
- A trial of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy to prevent depressive relapse in young people.
- To evaluate the impact of the ‘Family Vision’ (FV) parent leadership programme, designed specifically for lone and single parents, who are the main carer for children following an experience of domestic abuse and/or family breakdown.
- (2005) BSc Psychology
- (2007) MSc Developmental Psychopathology
- (2010) PgCert Inclusive Education: Policy and Practice
- (2012) Prince2 Practitioner Project Management
Kath’s main research interests include evidence-based practice, children’s mental health, inclusive education, and research implementation and evaluation.