Dr Gareth O'Rourke
Postdoctoral Research Associate
South Cloisters 1.41
South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Office hours: Tues to Thurs
Tues to Thurs
Gareth has had a long career in the helping professions, first as a nurse and later as a social worker. Much of his professional experience has been gained working with older people and their carers and he has considerable experience of working at the interface of health and social care.
Gareth is currently working on the RecoverED project led by Professor Louise Allan. The project aims to explore the experience of delirium from the perspectives of older people who have experienced it, their carers and professionals involved in their care, with a view to developing effective reablement interventions. The study also involves a realist review of literature relevant to delirium in older people and the potential for effective reablement.
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Registered Nurse (General)
- Diploma in Social Work
- MSc Policy Studies (Bristol)
- Doctor of Social Science (Bristol)
- Qualitative research with older people conducted through in-depth interviews.
- Realist review methods.
- Older people’s experience of using health and social care services and how they might contribute to (or detract from) a positive sense of self in later life.
- Policy and practice relating to support for unpaid carers, particularly older co-resident carers of older people.
- RecoverED Project
Publications by category
Publications by year
Gareth_ORourke Details from cache as at 2021-03-08 16:24:16