Dr Elham Nikram
01392 72 3897
South Cloisters 3.09
South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Elham was initially a mathematician with an interest in mathematical modeling and employing this to deal with real world problems. She switched to study Economics in 2012, through a scholarship award from the University of Exeter.
Her main focus during the PhD was in theoretical game theory and computational optimization methods. She is currently a postdoctoral researcher in Health Economics at the University of Exeter.
- PhD in Economics (University of Exeter)
- MSc in Economics (University of Exeter)
- MSc in Applied Mathematics (Iran University of Science and Technology)
- BSc in Applied Mathematics (Iran University of Science and Technology)
Elham's research interests are in Health Economics, Mathematical modeling and Game theory. She is particularly interested in developing novel mathematical techniques applied to medical researches.
During 2016-2017, Elham worked on a project entitled "A mathematical model of dementia risk factors to optimize clinical trials" at the Centre for Biomedical Modelling and Analysis at University of Exeter. This project aimed to identifying modifiable risk factors by analysing human population cohorts.
Health Technology Assesment(s):
Fremanezumab for preventing chronic and episodic migraine (April 2019)
Voretigene neparvovec for treating inherited retinal dystrophies (February 2019)
Pembrolizumab with pemetrexed and platinum-based chemotherapy for untreated non-small-cell lung cancer (July 2018)
Benralizumab for treating inadequately controlled asthma (January 2018)
- Nivolumab for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer with high microsatellite instability or mismatch repair deficiency (September 2017)
Publications by category
Publications by year
Elham_Nikram Details from cache as at 2020-06-05 01:43:57
External Engagement and Impact
- Secondee at a Wellcome Trust ISSF Seedcorn funded project, Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Biomedical analysis, University of Exeter (2016)
- Full scholarship for a PhD program in Economics from Business School, University of Exeter (2013)
- Full scholarship for a master program in Economics from Business School, University of Exeter (2012)
Beside wide range of experience in lecturing different mathematics and computer programing courses, Elham also has experience in teaching Economics courses such as Advanced Microeconomics, Game Theory; Statistics and Econometrics.