Exeter Collaboration for Academic Primary Care (APEx)
The Exeter Collaboration for Academic Primary Care (APEx) is a multidisciplinary team within the College of Medicine and Health. We have strong partnerships with schools of primary care across the country, the NHS and NIHR.
We are delighted to be recognised as one of the nine-member departments of the NIHR SPCR 2021–2026, recognising excellence in primary care research.
Visit our blog, where we share primary care staff profiles, news including departmental and research, and opinion pieces
Upcoming School for Primary Care Research (SPCR) funding round 11 for underrepresented professions
Projects must be in an area of Primary Care research and must be led by one of the following: any allied health professional regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (see link for list of eligible professions), dentist, midwife, nurse, optometrist or pharmacist.
- 11 April – Internal deadline for Expressions of Interest
- 3 May – Online workshop for applicants, run by the SPCR central directorate (details tbc)
- 26 June – Internal deadline for near complete applications for feedback
- 17 July – External deadline for final application submission to SPCR central directorate
- September 2023 – Funding panel
- Mid-October 2023 – Outcomes communicated
- Projects may start from 1st January 2024. All projects must end by 31st March 2026, no extensions can be given beyond this date. Maximum duration 27 months
If you are planning to put in an application for FR11 and require support around PPIE please contact Beccy Summers (email@example.com) for further information and support. There are also various PPIE Advice Clinics and Ideas Cafes you can sign up for to support with PPIE, please email APEx@exeter.ac.uk for more information.
For further information and to request an Expression of Interest form, please email APEx@exeter.ac.uk