Skills and Expertise
Our skills and expertise: We have considerable expertise in transdisciplinary, engaged research approaches to understanding and addressing barriers to health and wellbeing and inequalities.
- Co-creating research with people experiencing the issues or caring for those experiencing the issues for example; Optimising Prescribing; Moralising narratives and mental distress in very low income communities ; Co-creating an evaluation of a peer-led dance group, theTR14ers
- Meaningful engagement with neighbourhoods, schools, workplaces to understand the nature of the issues – Connecting Communities - C2; Healthy Lifestyles Programme; the development and evaluation of a novel obesity prevention programme for children
- Developing health creating conditions which embrace the complex nature of the system - Healthy workplace programme for NHS secondary care organisations; Developing a health promoting school process for secondary schools
- Qualitative approaches including interviewing, conducting focus groups, ethnography, narrative analysis; The violence of narrative; The impact of the workplace capability on mental health; Understanding influences on young people’s diet and physical activity choices
- Evaluations of complex interventions including evaluability assessments, trials and process evaluations; Grad2020 project; Cluster randomised controlled trial and process evaluation of the Healthy Lifestyles Programme
- Realist, Systematic and Scoping reviews – Care under pressure; Implementing health promoting school programmes; The impact of the World Health Organization Health Promoting Schools framework approach on diet and physical activity behaviours of adolescents in secondary schools; systematic reviews of effectiveness of policy and programmes; scoping reviews looking at how sustainability and health are integrated in policy and practice