Selected publications from the Children and Young People's Mental Health Research Collaboration. If you would like to see more, please check out our teams’ profile pages which include an up to date list.
- Russell A E, Curtin E, Widnall E, Dodd S, Limmer M, Simmonds R and Kidger J (2023). Assessing the Feasibility of a Peer Education Project to Improve Mental Health Literacy in Adolescents in the UK. Community Mental Health Journal, pp.1-13. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10597-022-01059-w
Newlove-Delgado T, Russell A E, Mathews F, Cross L, Bryant E, Gudka R, Ukoumunne O, & Ford T J (2022). Annual Research Review: The impact of Covid-19 on psychopathology in children and young people worldwide: systematic review of studies with pre‐and within‐pandemic data. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. https://acamh.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcpp.13716
Allen K, Melendez-Torres GJ, Ford T, Bonell C, Finning K, et al. (2022) Family focused interventions that address parental domestic violence and abuse, mental ill-health, and substance misuse in combination: A systematic review. PLOS ONE 17(7): e0270894. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0270894.
- Titheradge D, Godfrey J, Eke H, Price A, Ford T and Janssens A (2022). Why young people stop taking their attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medication: A thematic analysis of interviews with young people. Child Care Health Dev. DOI: 10.1111/cch.12978.
- Price A, Mitchell S, Janssens A, Eke H, Ford T and Newlove-Delgado T (2022). In transition with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): children’s services clinicians’ perspectives on the role of information in healthcare transitions for young people with ADHD. BMC Psychiatry. 22(1): p. 251. DOI: 10.1186/s12888-022-03813-6.
- Price A, de Bell S, Shaw, N, Bethel A, Anderson R and Coon JT (2022). What is the volume, diversity and nature of recent, robust evidence for the use of peer support in health and social care? An evidence and gap map (2022). Campbell Systematic Reviews. 18(3): p. e1264. DOI: 10.1002/cl2.1264.
- Janssens A, Blake S, Eke H, Price A and Ford T (2022). Parenting roles for young people with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder transitioning to adult services. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. DOI: 10.1111/dmcn.15320.
- Price A*, Coelho H*, Kiff F, Trigg L, Robinson S, Thompson Coon J and Anderson R (2022) Experiences of children and young people from ethnic minorities in accessing mental health care and support: rapid scoping review. Health and Social Care Delivery Research. 10: p. 22. DOI: 10.3310/XKWE8437.
- Axford N, Berry V, Lloyd J, Hobbs T, Wyatt K (2020). Promoting Learning from Null or Negative Results in Prevention Science Trials. Prev Sci
- Toth K, Samad L, Golden S, Johnston P, Hayes R, Ford T (2020). What issues bring primary school children to counselling? a service evaluation of presenting issues across 291 schools working with Place2Be. Counselling and Psychotherapy Research
- Orri M, Russell AE, Mars B, Turecki G, Gunnell D, Heron J, Tremblay RE, Boivin M, Nuyt AM, Côté SM, Geoffroy MC. Perinatal adversity profiles and suicide attempt in adolescence and young adulthood: longitudinal analyses from two 20-year birth cohort studies. Psychological medicine. 2020:1-3.
- Russell AE, Heron J, Gunnell D, Ford T, Hemani G, Joinson C, Moran P, Relton C, Suderman M, Mars B. Pathways between early‐life adversity and adolescent self‐harm: the mediating role of inflammation in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Journal of child psychology and psychiatry. 2019 Oct;60(10):1094-103.
- Newlove-Delgado T, Blake S, Ford TJ, Janssens A (2019). Young people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in transition from child to adult services: a qualitative study of the experiences of general practitioners in the UK. BMC Family Practice 20;20(1):159. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12875-019-1046-0
- Hayes RA, Titheradge D, Allen K, Allwood M, Byford S, Edwards V, Hansford L, Longdon B, Norman S, Norwich B, et al (2019). The Incredible Years® Teacher Classroom Management programme and its impact on teachers’ professional self-efficacy, work related stress and general well-being: results from the STARS randomised controlled trial. Journal of Educational Psychology
- Eke H, Ford T, Newlove-Delgado T et al. (2019) Transition between child and adult services for young people with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Findings from a British national surveillance study. The British Journal of Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.2019.131
- Berry V, Wilkinson K, Farr N, Stimson A (2019). Assessing the Feasibility of a Parent Life Coaching Intervention to Support Parents and Children Who Have Experienced Domestic Violence and Abuse. Journal of Family Violence, 34(6), 493-506.
- Russell G, Mandy W, Elliott D, White R, Pittwood T, Ford T (2019). Selection bias on intellectual ability in autism research: a cross-sectional review and meta-analysis. Molecular Autism, 10(1).
- Kapp SK, Steward R, Crane L, Elliott D, Elphick C, Pellicano E, Russell G (2019). ‘People should be allowed to do what they like’: Autistic adults’ views and experiences of stimming. Autism, 23(7), 1782-1792.
- Moore DA, Russell AE, Matthews J, Ford TJ, Rogers M, Ukoumunne OC, Kneale D, Thompson‐Coon J, Sutcliffe K, Nunns M, Shaw L. School‐based interventions for attention‐deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A systematic review with multiple synthesis methods. Review of Education. 2018 Oct;6(3):209-63.
- Titheradge D, Hayes R, Longdon B, Allen K, Price A, Hansford L, Nye E, Ukoumunne O, Byford S, Norwich B, et al (2018). Psychological distress amongst primary school teachers: a comparison with clinical and population samples. Public Health, 166, 53-56.
- Ford T, Hayes RA, Byford S, Edwards V, Fletcher M, Logan G, Norwich B, Pritchard W, Allen K, Allwood M, et al (2018). The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the Incredible Years® Teacher Classroom Management programme in primary school children: results of the STARS cluster randomised controlled trial. Psychological Medicine
- Newlove-Delgado TV, Ford TJ, Ukoumunne OC, Hamilton W, Stein K (2017). Prescribing of medication for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder among young people in the Clinical Practice Research Datalink 2005–2013: analysis of time to cessation. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00787-017-1011-1
- Morpeth L, Blower S, Tobin K, Taylor RS, Bywater T, Tudor Edwards R, Axford N, Lehtonen M, Jones C and Berry V (2017). The effectiveness of the Incredible Years pre-school parenting programme in the United Kingdom: a pragmatic randomised controlled trial. Child Care in Practice
- Russell AE, Moore DA, Ford T. Educational practitioners’ beliefs and conceptualisation about the cause of ADHD: A qualitative study. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. 2016 Jan 2;21(1):101-18.
- Berry V, Axford N, Blower S, Taylor RS, Edwards RT, Tobin K, Jones C, Bywater T (2015). The Effectiveness and Micro-costing Analysis of a Universal, School-Based, Social–Emotional Learning Programme in the UK: a Cluster-Randomised Controlled Trial. School Mental Health, 8(2), 238-256.
- Russell G, Ford T, Rosenberg R, Kelly S (2014). The association of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder with socioeconomic disadvantage: alternative explanations and evidence. J Child Psychol Psychiatry, 55(5), 436-445.