Operational Research and Data Science (PenCHORD)
PenCHORD (the Peninsula Collaboration for Health Operational Research and Data Science) are specialists in helping healthcare professionals, commissioners and patients make informed decisions about change in the NHS. The team uses advanced quantitative techniques to model healthcare services and predict the impact of change.
Their past projects have covered a wide range of health services including stroke, cancer, mental health, neonatal health and surgery scheduling.
PenCHORD’s areas of expertise include:
- modelling patient pathways and the impact of proposed changes
- capacity and resource planning in acute and community services
- waiting list management and patient scheduling
- location and capacity analysis of outpatient services
- artificial intelligence (AI) techniques including machine learning and natural language processing
The PenCHORD Team lead the national Health Service Modelling Associates (HSMA) Programme which aims to build a culture and skills base through which simulation and modelling techniques are routinely used to support decisions within health, social care, and policing organisations. Free places on this programme are available every year and are open to health, care and policing professionals in England.
Senior Research Fellow in Applied Healthcare Modelling and Data Science
Senior Research Fellow in Applied Healthcare Modelling and Analysis