Dr. Jemma Perks
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Medical School Building F08A
Medical School Building, St Luke's Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Dr. Jemma Perks holds a Ph.D in cardiovascular sciences; her Ph.D investigated alternative methods to increase physical activity in the treatment of peripheral artery disease. Supporting the use of pain free exercise and breaking up sitting time as non-pharmaceutical treatments in this population. Dr Jemma Perks also holds post-doctoral positions at the University of Exeter and the University of Oxford, where she is working with clinical (stroke and diabetes) and paediatric populations, to improve their physical activity and human movement.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Exercise as medicine
- Oxfordshire Sedentariness, Obesity & Cardiometabolic Risk in Adolescents - a Trial of Exercise in Schools (OxSOCRATES study)
- EvolvRehab for telerehabilitation
External Engagement and Impact
- Peripheral Vascular Disease FIT Travel Grant 2021 (American Heart Association, Scientific Sessions, Boston, USA) $750
- George Davies Charitable Trust Studentship 2019 (University of Leicester) (Registered Charity Number: 1024818)
- Dean’s Commendation for Exceptional Academic Performance (University of Exeter 2019)
- Alan Patrick Memorial Prize: Highest academic achievement in the school of sport and exercise (University of Gloucestershire 2018)
Dr. Jemma Perks has presented her work at national and international conferences, and works closely with the American Heart Association as a member of the Peripheral Vascular Disease Committee.