I am Chartered Psychologist currently employed as a Senior Research Associate on an NIHR programme grant working in the areas of intervention delivery and design and mentoring supervision and training. In addition, areas of interest centre of health and wellbeing promotion in the areas of diabetes management and prevention, sexual health in young people and teaching and training.
- PhD in health psychology – ongoing (University of Exeter Medical School)
- Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology (C Psychol) – (British Psychological Society)
- MPhil in health psychology (University of Exeter medical School)
- Introduction to Counselling Skills (The University of East Anglia)
- MSc in health psychology with Distinction (University of Bedfordshire)
- BSc Psychology with Clinical (University of Kent)
My research centres on self-regulation, action and coping planning in a ‘pre-diabetes’ population on maintenance of health behaviours in a type 2 diabetes prevention intervention. Particular interest is the content of behavioural goal specifications as part of a written action plan and how this content relates to weight loss. I began my PhD at Exeter in 2013 under the supervision of Associate Professor Colin Greaves and Dr Jane Smith
External Engagement and Impact
Professionally, I am a Senior Research Associate for an NIHR programme grant (The Norfolk Diabetes Prevention Study) working for the Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. I am also undertaking a Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology (C Psychol) to qualify as a Health Psychologist. Personally, I am a mum to my beautiful daughter.