South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Marie is a senior lecturer at the University of Exeter where she has created a new module looking at the art and history of nursing exploring the use of creative mediums such as poetry and art. She is Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) lead and is currently working with colleagues on the mentorship of new staff and the use of literature such as Dickens and Shakespeare in the nursing curriculum.
Marie’s clinical expertise is in child health and particularly oncology, high dependency, and palliative care. She has interests in cross cultural communication, working with marginalized groups and compassionate family centred nursing care
- PGCE (in academic practice)
- Bachelor of Nursing 2:1
- Registered Children’s Nurse (RNC)
Marie is currently finishing her part time PhD at the University of Birmingham exploring the experiences of children’s palliative care for refugee and asylum-seeking families.
Details of the published systematic review for this study;
Clancy, M. Taylor, J. Bradbury-Jones, C. and Phillimore, J. (2020) A systematic review exploring palliative care for families who are forced migrants. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2020; 00:1–13. DOI: 10.1111/jan.14509.
- Expert by Experience project – writing up findings from an EBE project at Birmingham City University to explore mental health teaching in the trainee nursing associate course
- CAPTURE – exploring personal tutoring innovations in the Academy of Nursing
Key publications | Publications by category | Publications by year
No publications found
External Engagement and Impact
External Examiner Positions
- External examiner for taught programmes and taught components of practitioner doctorates (including advanced communication, research design and methodology, cancer care and pain management) at the University of Surrey 2020 - 2024
Teaching across all stages of the nursing curriculum on palliative and end of life care and the care of children and families in children’s nursing. Special interests in teaching cultural humility and cross-cultural communication in nursing.
Module lead for the art and history of nursing at level 6 and 7 and the essentials of education for nursing students at level 6