Postgraduate Researcher (PhD)
Medical School Building
Medical School Building, St Luke's Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Duygu studied Bioengineering in Gaziosmanpaşa University, Turkey. This was followed by MSc qualification at Gaziosmanpaşa University (Turkey) where she became interest in studying Recombinant DNA Technology. She got a full scholarship by the Turkish Ministry of National Education to study her MSc and PhD education in the UK to become an expert in the field of molecular pathology.
In 2021, she obtained a MSc (Genomic Medicine) under the supervision Professor Sebastian Oltean from the University of Exeter where she studied the alternative splicing in vitro, with focus the importance of FGFR2 in prostate cancer as well as a potential therapeutic strategy.
- B.Sc., Bioengineering - Gaziosmanpaşa University, Tokat, Turkey
- M.Sc., Bioengineering - Gaziosmanpaşa University, Tokat, Turkey
- M.Sc., Genomic Medicine - University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
- Production, Purification and Characterization of EPO and TPO as a Medical Biotechnological Product for Production Replication and Differentiation of Hematopoietic Cells, supported by TUBITAK (Turkey Scientific and Technological Research Council) – Project Coordinator
- The Investigation of Usability of Different Fluorescence Proteins in Color Sensitive Solar Cells as Recombinant Production, Purification and Dyeing, supported by TUBITAK – Project Scholar (International Project)
- Recombinant Production, Purification and Characterization of Cellulase Enzyme for Industrial Purposes', 2241/B has been supported within the scope of 'Support for Bachelor of Science Project that are for the Industry', supported by TUBITAK – Project Coordinator
External Engagement and Impact
- 1001 Support Program for Scientific and Technological Research Projects (International Project) (Scholarship Award by TUBITAK)
- 2210/C Support for Master of Science Project that are priority areas (International Project ) (Scholarship Award by TUBITAK)
- 2241/B Support for Bachelor of Science Project that are for the Industry (Scholarship Award by TUBITAK)
Conferences and invited presentations
- Poster at RNA Splicing 2023, Rydal, UK.
- Oral Presentation at RNA Splicing 2023, Cardiff, UK.
- Oral Presentation at World Congress on Cancer Research and Therapy (WCCRT) 2023, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Oral Presentation at 6th Edition of International Cancer Conference 2023, London, UK.