Dr Dominic Wiredu Boakye
Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences (Education and Scholarship)
College House G0.00
College House, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Dominic graduated from The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine with a Master’s Degree in Molecular Parasitology and Vector Biology and went on to work in a molecular and parasitology laboratory at the University of Exeter as a PhD student. His work here led to the publication of the first ever obligate intranuclear eukaryotic parasite genome.
Following this, Dominic has taught on Foundation Biology, Human Biology and Chemistry modules at INTO University of Exeter. As a Lecturer at the Medical School, Dominic currently facilitates delivery of interactive workshops, practical classes and lectures on Biomedical Science topics for undergraduate students enrolled on Medical Science, Neuroscience and Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery programmes.
- BSc(Hons) Biomedical Science (Queen Marys University of London)
- MSc Molecular Biology of Parasites and Disease Vectors (Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine)
- PhD Biological Sciences (University of Exeter)
Host-parasite interactions, Molecular parasitology and evolutionary biology of parasites.
Teaching responsibilities: (Undergraduate, Postgraduate)
BSc Medical Science
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS)
- CSC1004 - Fundamental Skills for Medical Scientists
- CSC1005 - Integrated Human Physiology
- NEU1007 - Introduction to Genetics
- NEU1009 - Chemistry of Life