New Medical Imaging students
Welcome to Medical Imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) at the University of Exeter.
During Welcome Week you will have plenty of opportunities to meet your fellow students, personal tutors and many of the teaching staff on your programmes too. As well as the fun stuff offered by the Students' Guild through the Information Fair (such as taster sessions for various societies and sports clubs for example) you will also be attending timetabled welcome/induction sessions for your programme, which will help you to understand what to expect as a student at Exeter. Before you arrive in Exeter, you will be invited to join a MOOC (a Massive Online Open Course) which will allow us all to begin to get to know one another.
Induction week timetable
Information about academic induction events for Welcome Week will be available soon on the Exeter Learning Environment (ELE) Medical Imaging page.
We will be updating this page regularly as new details of induction and welcome activities are released. Please ensure you check back here frequently for updates.
If you have any questions about your induction or starting your studies, then the Info points are the place to go for any questions you may have about your life as an Exeter student. Ours is Info at St Luke's; you can contact them on Tel: +44 (0)1392 724837 or Email: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you!
Core Texts - electronic access is provided but students may find it useful to purchase hard copies
- Bontrager K.L. (2017), Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy (9th edition), Mosby, ISBN 0323481876
- Carlton R.R. and Adler A.M. (2013), Radiographic Imaging Concepts and Principles (5th edition), Delmar, ISBN 1473720524,
- Eisenberg R.L. and Johnson N.M. (2016), Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology (6th edition), Mosby, ISBN 9780323353243
- Graham D.T., Cloke P. and Vosper M. (2012), Principles and Applications of Radiological Physics (6th edition), Churchill Livingstone, ISBN 9780702052156
- Gunn C. (2014), Bones and Joints: A Guide for Students (7th edition), Churchill Livingstone, ISBN 9780702071737
- McConnell J., Eyres R. and Nightingale J. (2005), Interpreting Trauma Radiographs, Blackwell, ISBN 1-4051-1534
- Polgar S. and Thomas S.A. (2013), Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences (6th edition), Churchill Livingstone, ISBN 978-0702041945
- Raby N. (2014), Accident and Emergency Radiology - A Survival Guide (3rd edition), Saunders Ltd, ISBN 9780702042324
- Ramlaul, A. (2014), Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy Research: Skills and Strategies, Churchill Livingstone, ISBN 9780702048289
- Tortora G.J. and Derrickson B. (2017), Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (15th edition), John Wiley, ISBN 9781119336563
- Whitley AS, Jefferson G, Holmes K, Hoadley G, Sloane C, Anderson C. (2015) Clark's Positioning in Radiography (13th edition). CRC Press, London. ISBN 9781444122350