The energy and ambition of our staff and students have made Exeter one of the most successful universities of the 21st century. Research and education of the highest quality are at the heart of an inspiring community in which to learn, work and live.
This is an exciting time to be at Exeter. We are looking to the future following a £275 million investment in facilities on the Streatham Campus in Exeter. This includes a £130 million investment in new on-campus student residences, the Forum, a £48 million student-facing redevelopment of the heart of the campus, a £25 million investment in the Business School and £25 million on new facilities for Biosciences.
The University has recently accepted an invitation to join the prestigious Russell Group of leading research-led universities - find out more.
- We are in the top one per cent of universities in the world, and a regular fixture in top 10 league tables of UK universities
- Students receive an outstanding education here; our teaching was voted fourth best in the country in the latest National Student Survey
- Our teaching is inspired by our research, nearly 90 per cent of which was ranked as internationally recognised by the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise
- We attract the best qualified students in the country; we're in the top 10 for the number of students graduating with a first or 2:1 and for entry standards (students achieving AAB at A level and above)
A vibrant community
- Our students are the most engaged in the country, smashing participation records in student elections for the last two years running
- The Students’ Guild offers an unrivalled selection of societies, from sport to culture to community volunteering groups – 8,000 students take part in 165 societies
- We are a top 10 UK university for sport and provide excellent facilities and support whether you want to compete at the highest level or just for fun
- We work with our students to continually improve the education on offer, via initiatives which put students at the heart of our decision making process
- We’re a truly international community, with students from over 130 countries and staff of 50 different nationalities
- Our students are consistently among the most satisfied in the country, ranking us in the top 10 of the National Student Survey each year since it began
Ambition for the future
- We equip you with the skills employers need via business placements, study abroad schemes, volunteering opportunities, careers advice from successful alumni and much more
- Despite tough economic times, we’ve improved our employment record year-on-year: more than 90 per cent of students get a job or further study place within six months of graduating
- We’ve invested over £350 million in our three campuses, from new accommodation and research labs to state of the art lecture theatres and library spaces