Obesity Research Group
Exeter Medical School,
RD&E Wonford Site,
Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW.
Tel: 01392 406761
Obesity and adipose tissue biology - Publications
- K Kos, S Wong, Tan B, Kerrigan D, Randeva H, Pinkney J, Wilding J. (2011) Human RBP4 adipose tissue expression is gender specific and influenced by leptin. J Clin Endocrinol 74:197-205.
- K Kos, JPH Wilding (2010) SPARC as key player in obesity-associated pathologies including diabetes. Nat Rev Endocrinol.6:225-35.
- K Kos, JPH Wilding (2009) Adipocytokines: emerging therapeutic targets. Curr Opin Investig Drugs 10:1061-8.
- K Kos, S Wong, M Huda, M Cakir, M Jernas, L Carlsson, D Kerrigan, JPH Wilding, JH Pinkney (2009) In humans the adiponectin receptor R2 is expressed predominantly in adipose tissue and linked to the adipose tissue expression of MMIF-1. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 12:360-3.
- T Mracek, Q Ding, Tznavari T, K Kos, JH Pinkney, JPH Wilding, T Trayhurn, C Bing (2009) The adipokine zinc- 2-glycoprotein is downregulated with fat mass expansion in obesity. Clin Endocrinol 72:334-41.
- K Kos, S Wong, B Tan A Gummesson, , M Jernas, Franck N, D Kerrigan, Nystrom FH, Carlsson L, Randeva HS, JH Pinkney, JPH Wilding (2009) Regulation of the fibrosis and angiogenesis promoter SPARC in human adipose tissue by weight change, leptin, insulin and glucose. Diabetes 58:1780-8.
- Q Ding, T Mracek, K Kos, JPH Wilding, T Trayhurn, C Bing (2009) Identification of macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 (MIC-1) in adipose tissue and its secretion by human adipocytes. Endocrinology 150:1688-96.
- K Kos, A Baker, M Jernas, AL Harte, J Clapham, L Carlsson, JP O’Hare, PG McTernan, S Kumar (2009) DPP-IV inhibition enhances the antilipolytic action of NPY in human adipose tissue. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 11:285-92.
- K Kos, AL Harte, JP O-Hare, S Kumar, PG McTernan (2009) Ghrelin and the differential regulation of des-acyl and oct-anoyl ghrelin in human adipose tissue. Clin Endocrinol 70:383-9.
- K Kos, S Wing, K Lewandowski, J Bennett, CU Nwokolo, JP O’Hare, H Randeva (2008) Maternal free leptin but not ghrelin are associated with foetal birth weight in healthy mothers and show no relationship in pregnancies with Type 1 diabetes. Diabetic Medicine 25:1400-5.
- Kos, Al Harte, S James, D Snead, J P O’Hare, PG McTernan, S Kumar (2007) NPY is secreted by adipocytes and influences adipokine secretion. Am J Physio Endocrinol Metab 293(5): E1335-40.
- K Kos, AL Harte, S James, D Snead, J P O’Hare, PG McTernan, S Kumar (2007) Adiponectin and resistin in central regulation of human energy metabolism: expression of protein in CSF and adiponectin receptors in human hypothalamus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92(3):1129-36.
- CM Kusminski, P McTernan, T Schraw, K Kos, P O’Hare, R Ahima, S Kumar, PE Scherer (2007) Adiponectin complexes in human cerebrospinal fluid: distinct complex distribution from plasma. Diabetologia 50(3):634-42.