Mr Zahid Pranjol
Associate Research Fellow
Lung cancer metastasis to the brain: Investigation of tumour cell interactions with human brain endothelial cells and human astrocytes in the metastatic cascade.
Understanding the angiogenic pathways activated during metastasis of epithelial ovarian cancer to the omentum. University of Exeter Medical School (2013-2016).
Novel anti-cancer approach for advanced combination of chemotherapy and targeted cancer gene therapy against glioblastoma. Imperial College London (2012-2013).
Probing the potent activity of trovafloxacin against gyrase and topoisomerase IV of Streptococcus pneumoniae. St George’s University of London (2011-2012)
- PhD in Medical Studies at University of Exeter Medical School (2013-present)
- MSc in Molecular Biology and Pathology of Viruses at Imperial College London (2012-2013).
- BSc (Hons.) in Biomedical Science at St George’s Hospital Medical School, London (2009-2012).
- EMBO Workshop ‘‘Cellular and Molecular Mechanism of Tumour – Microenvironment Crosstalk’’. 9-12 July, 2015. Tomsk, Russia.
- British Microcirculation Society Annual Meeting: Imaging the Microcirculation. 16-17 April, 2015. Manchester, UK.
- European Society for Gene and Cell Therapy and the Spanish Society for Gene and Cell Therapy. October 2013. Madrid, Spain.
- Annual Research Event- University of Exeter Medical School. May 2014 and March 2015.
Zinovkin D, Pranjol MZI. Tumor-Infiltrated Lymphocytes, Macrophages, and Dendritic Cells in Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma of Corpus Uteri as Potential Prognostic Factors: An Immunohistochemical Study. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 2016 Jul 26. Epub 2016 Jul 26.
Pranjol MZI, Gutowski N, Hannemann M, Whatmore J. The Potential Role of the Proteases Cathepsin D and Cathepsin L in the Progression and Metastasis of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Biomolecules. 2015 Nov 20;5(4):3260-3279.
Pranjol MZI, Hajitou A. Bacteriophage-Derived Vectors for Targeted Cancer Gene Therapy. Viruses. 2015; 7(1):268-284.
Pranjol Z, Gutowski N, Hannemann M, Whatmore J.Tumour secreted factors cathepsins D and L induce pro-angiogenic changes in human omental microvascular endothelial cells (HOMECs) in ovarian cancer metastasis. European Journal of Cancer Supplements. 2015 Nov 23; 13(1):44.
Przystal JM, Pranjol Z, Nianiaris N, Kia A, Hajitou A, 2013, Combination of temozolomide chemotherapeutic drug and promoter of the glucose-regulated protein 78 improves bacteriophage-mediated cancer gene therapy, Collaborative Congress of the European Society for Gene and Cell Therapy and the Spanish Society for Gene and Cell Therapy, Publisher: MARY ANN LIEBERT, INC, Pages: A158-A158, ISSN: 1043-0342
- British Association of Cancer Research (BACR) and European Association of Cancer Research (2014-present)
- British Microcirculation Society (2013-present)
- Honorary Member of Royal Devon and Exeter NHS foundation trust, Exeter (2013-2016)
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS)- (2011-2012)
- Imperial College Alumni Association (2013- present)
- St George’s University of London alumni group (2012-present)