Dr Susan Martin
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
RILD Building Level 3
University of Exeter Medical School, RILD Building, RD&E Hospital Wonford, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Dr Susan Martin is a postdoctoral research fellow in the Genetics of Complex Traits group, where she works with Professor Inês Barroso researching the genetics of glycaemic traits and multi-ancestry analyses. She also researches the genetics of favourable adiposity – identifying genetic factors associated with higher fat mass but lower risk of heart disease, and establishing whether or not these genetic factors are associated with less fat in the organs and more under the skin.
Susan joined the University of Exeter in 2018, after completing her PhD on estimating heterogeneity variance under sparsity at the University of Southampton.
- PhD Mathematics, University of Southampton
- MSc Medical Statistics with specialisation in Modern Epidemiology, University of Leicester
- BSc Mathematics with Biology, University of Southampton
External Engagement and Impact
- Best poster presentation award - Study Group on the Genetics of Diabetes conference 2022.
- One of four nominees for Diabetes UK Young Investigator Award, Diabetes UK conference 2020 (conference/award cancelled).