Dr Samuel Pollard
Lecturer in Medical Science
01392 72 6727
Medical School Building
Samuel joined the medical School in 2014 and his teaching focus is on the broad specialism of systems physiology. He leads the core first year integrated human science module and has a broad remit of teaching responsibilities across the BSc Medical Science and Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS) programmes.
Before joining the medical school Samuel completed his PhD which focused on the area of the validation of the work loop technique in a myocardial muscle model and investigations into cardioprotective interventions in the aged heart. Samuel has also held a lecturing post at Coventry University (2011-12) and was one of the leading academics in the formation of Coventry University College science department (2012-14), which was primarily designed to widen participation in HE.
- 2007 BSc(Hons) Clinical Physiology
- 2012 PhD Physiology/pharmacology, Coventry University
- 2017 PCAP - Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Exeter
- 2017 Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
External examiner for Science Foundation Year
- Module lead for core first year module in Medical Science programme
- Lectures in Medical Science, Medical imaging and BMBS programmes
- Facilitates small group learning