Senior Research Nurse (Diabetes)
RILD Building Diabetes and Vascular Research
University of Exeter Medical School, RILD Building, RD&E Hospital Wonford, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Migaila is a Senior Diabetes Research Nurse at Exeter’s Clinical Research Facility. She has worked in diabetes research since September 2009, having begun her career as a Community Nurse in 1994.
Following the completion of the module “Leading Service Developments for the Management of Diabetes Practice” she moved into the field of Diabetes as a Specialist Inpatient Nurse in May 2004.
During her time in research, she has been a Research Team Leader and has worked clinically as a Research Nurse on various Diabetes studies, covering the academic and commercial portfolio. These include those diagnosed with Type 1, Type 2 and Prediabetes conditions and she has gained experience of working in both primary and secondary care.
- RGN – University of Plymouth
- DipHe in Nursing (Adult) – University of Plymouth
- BSc (Hons) in Health Studies – University of Plymouth
- Independent / Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing – University of Plymouth
Diabetes Research to include
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Monogenic Diabetes
- TIGI Extension
External Engagement and Impact
- Pioneer 3 Global Investigator Meeting (Novo Nordisk) “ Recruit to retain: discovering new tips and tricks” Athens, 26-29th January 2016
- Trials@Home Kick-off meeting (Sanofi) Stakeholder presentation “Health care provider perspective” France, 26th-27th September 2019