Mr Julian Vinnels
Computing Development Officer
Medical School Building F16
Medical School Building, St Luke's Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Julian is the Interim IT Business Partner for the Medical School and:
- Manages the relationships between the School and Exeter IT, and has strong collaborative relationships with School clients
- Understands how services offered by Exeter IT could be put to best use within the School
- Develops roadmaps and plans - understands the strategies, derives plans and identifies opportunities for using new or enhanced innovative IT to bring value to the School
- Provides a day-to-day IT Service Level Management function to: keep the School informed of potential service-impacting IT changes; track customer satisfaction; act as an escalation point for major issues; and own service improvement plans.
- Manages the School’s IT assets through their complete lifecycle
- Works with the various NHS Trust IT departments with whom the School partners, both in the delivery of day-to-day IT to the School’s staff and students, and during project phases
- Is a contact for information governance and data security matters.
Julian is a member of the UEMS College Professional Services Leadership Team, BSc Medical Sciences Programme Delivery Group, Environmental and Human Health MSc Programme Delivery Group, and UEMS Assessment IT Group.
Julian is also the Interim IT Business Partner for CSSIS and one of the University Incident Managers covering the St Luke's Campus.
BA (Hons) Natural Science - Chemistry
APM Group P2 Practitioner
Julian joined the Medical School in May 2006 when it was the Peninsula Medical School, as the IT Services Manager. In this role he was responsible for the web, database and e-learning system teams, project managing the IT elements in the School’s capital projects such as the expansion with the introduction of the Dental School, and was service management liaison between the IT departments of the universities of Exeter and Plymouth.
Before joining the University he worked as a Business Analyst and Project Manager in Local Government in the West Midlands and before that worked at British Gas.