Dr. Hesam Ghiasvand
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
+44 (0) 1392 72 5679
South Cloisters 1.11
South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Hesam is a PhD graduated in Health Economics from Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
He has some experiences in conducting research projects with focusing on analysing inequalities in health and health economics evaluation.
In September 2016, He joined to the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, in Tehran. He was a Research Assistant Professor and collaborated in teaching health economics courses and conducting research projects.
In September 2019, He joined to Health Economics Department, University of Exeter, and he is contributing in economic evaluation within the current Randomized Control Trials.
- PhD in Health Economics, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2015
- MSc. in Health Economics, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2010
- MA in Health Services Management, Iran University of Medical Sciences, 2007.
My mainly focus is on the conduction of economic considerations associated with health and medical interventions within RCTs. However, I’m enthusiasm in conducting model based economic evaluation through common decision making techniques in this field.
Synthesizing relevant evidence through meta- analysis is another of my interests. Of course as an human I am responsible for reducing the gaps and inequalities, so analyzing health inequalities and making the sense in policy makers through current methodologies are among my research priorities.
Broad research specialisms:
- Economic Evaluation of Health technologies, procedures, services and interventions
- Systematic Review and Meta- analysis of current evidence in health
- Analyzing inequalities in health and health care services
Teaching responsibilities: (Undergraduate, Postgraduate)
- Health Economics for Nurses, MSc. Students of Nursing, University of Social Welfare& Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Health Economics, PhD Students of Aging, University of Social Welfare& Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Basics of Economics, MA Students of Health Care Management, I.R. Iran Army University.
- Basic Health Economics, MSc. Student of Health Economics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
- Applied Health Economics and Economic Evaluation, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.