01392 72 5782
South Cloisters 3.01, Academy of Nursing
South Cloisters, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8am-4pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8am-4pm
- My role here is as a part-time Administration Assistant working 3 days a week in the Academy of Nursing.
- I trained as a Medical Secretary and gained the AMSPAR (Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Administators and Recepectionist) Diploma.
- I worked in a large London NHS Hospital which serviced Heathrow Airport, for a Senior Consultant and then moved to the private sector to work at Glaxo Pharmaceuticals as PA to three research consultants.
- During this time I continued with my qualifications to become a fully qualified Theatre Dance Teacher where I am now a Fellow of the Internation Dance Teachers Association. I was Principal of my own Theatre Dance School for 30 years.
- I now also work 2 days a week, in a Primary School teaching dance across the curriculumn and work with children with special educational needs.
- My area of interest is how dance, using core stability exercises, may help improve children’s co-ordination, particularly children with Dyspraxia and how it may improve their handwriting.
Felllow of the IDTA (Hons)