Medical School Building G.08
Medical School Building, St Luke's Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
My name is Hazem Mathkour, born in 07-30-1986 in Saudi Arabia. I already did MSc in medical laboratory science at Quinnipiac University, a university in Connecticut, USA. I received my BSc in medical laboratory sciences from King Khaled University, KSA. I chose to pursue my PhD in immunology because it is not only a research-rich area, but it is also an extension to my ambition and background. The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is well known for its high-quality research and excellent academic program so that is why I am driven toward it.
My interest towards this field was initiated due to the fact that many autoimmune diseases occurred in my hometown such as rheumatic arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Moreover, in 2000 an ambiguous epidemic disease, later on known as Rift Valley Fever, appeared and killed quite a large number of people. These medical issues had a great impact on directing me to consider microbiology and immunology.
- MSc of Health Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Awarding Institution: Quinnipiac University, USA.
- Period: Fall of 2013-spring of 2015).
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Applied Medical Sciences in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Awarding Institution: King Khaled University, Abha, Saudi Arabia. Period: 2004-2009
Nitrate metabolism by the human oral microbiome and its influence on the
human immune response.
Currently, I am working on the Sjogren’s syndrome and nitric oxide metabolism.