Dr Bethan Treadgold
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Smeall Building, University of Exeter, St Luke's Campus, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Bethan Treadgold is postdoctoral research fellow within the Primary Care Research Group, University of Exeter Medical School. Bethan is currently working as a qualitative research fellow on the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funded projects: Investigating Clinical Excellence Awards (INCEA) and Digital Facilitation in Primary Care (DI-FACTO).
Bethan graduated with a BSc in Psychology at the University of Southampton in 2016, before completing a MSc in Health Psychology at the University of Southampton in 2017. Bethan has recently submitted a NIHR School for Primary Care Research funded PhD within the Primary Care Research Centre at the University of Southampton. Bethan is a graduate member of the British Psychological Society.
For her MSc thesis, Bethan conducted a mixed-methods service evaluation study exploring paediatric neuro-oncology rehabilitation services across the UK, to determine what services were available for children and their families following treatment for a brain tumour, and to assess whether their needs were being met by such services. Alongside completing her master’s degree, Bethan also worked as a research assistant the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit. For her PhD, Bethan carried out a mixed-methods exploration of parents and carers’ views and experiences of eczema information and support in the online world. Bethan identified the online resources used by parents and carers, before exploring the nature of eczema advice shared by parents and carers in online support communities, and how parents and carers made sense of and acted upon online advice and support. Bethan also assessed the quality of advice shared in online support communities. Bethan is now working with a charity to improve their online support services for families of children with eczema.
- BSc Psychology, University of Southampton
- MSc Health Psychology, University of Southampton
- PhD Primary Care Research, Univeristy of Southampton
Bethan’s research interests are interdisciplinary, with a focus on families’ experiences of managing long-term health conditions in childhood, improving health services and digital health.
- Investigating Clinical Excellence Awards (INCEA), a collaborative research project funded by the NIHR to develop a revised scoring scheme for the assessment of National Clinical Excellence Awards for doctors and dentists in England and Wales.
- Digital Facilitation in Primary Care (DI-FACTO), a collaborative research project funded by the NIHR to investigate the benefits and challenges associated with different models of digital facilitation currently in use in general practice in parts of Eastern England and North London, the South West, and the Midlands: http://sites.exeter.ac.uk/di-facto/
Publications by category
Publications by year
Bethan_Treadgold Details from cache as at 2022-08-12 21:23:28