Dr Alex Harding
Sub Dean, Senior Lecturer
Alex Harding has worked as a GP in Exeter for the last fifteen years. He is involved at the Medical School with making sure the community part of the medical school programme runs smoothly. He is also involved in curriculum development and innovation.
Broad research specialisms
His research interests centre on clinical learning in both community and hospital settings. He works broadly in qualitative research areas and is currently doing a Doctorate in clinical education.
Here his work centres on using contemporary theory such as Actor Network Theory to interpret how students learn in the clinical environment.
- BSc (Neurobiology)
- Clinical learning
- Curriculum innovation
- Curriculum design
- National Survey of community teaching
- Longitudinal learning study
- Doctoral Studies: Analysis of Clinical Learning Networks using Actor Network theory
National Heads of Teachers Group
Education for Primary Care
Imperial Medical School
- QA of Community Teaching; Staff Teaching
- QA of Academic Tutors: Staff Teaching
- Humanities Teaching Delivery
- SSC Delivery
- Placement Teaching